if you don’t get mixed up 4 times a day and give up and speak English you’re not doing it right…
1) Whenenver anybody sneezes you are the first person to whip out an international way of saying bless youl
2) Sometimes you just say English words in a slightly different accent.
3) It doesn’t matter if you don’t remember the articles you are gunna say. Sentence and you are gunna say it with pride.
4) What do you mean you don’t pronounce the H?
5) Sometimes you’ll play a little game with yourself trying to see if you can remember the word for bottle in French, you can’t,
6) You think a loooot ‘what’s the point in this, everybody speaks English’.
7) But then you remember you don’t wanna be like those other typical tourists, you’re actually gunna be able to order your beer in Spanish.
8) You realise that maybe you should have paid attention in class instead of spending 5 years of German class texting under the table.
9) You realise out of all the other languages, English is the easiest. Damn it.
10) You learn a certain key phrases to tell someone you’re learning Spanish and they speak Castellano at the speed of lightening and look at you expectedly.
11) You get really excited when you can understand the Italian bit of the instructions, progress finally!
12) ‘well if I use this word it means it’s dative and then if I use this word it’s genitive …so you know what I need a drink’
13) You’re pretty sure that French people only use accents to really piss of English folk trying to learn the language.
14) you realise you’re realistic goal of ‘Spanish in 6 weeks’ is in fact very very unrealistic