What would a blog post about Germany be without a picture of a pretzel…
1) You get really serious about crossing the road at the proper time (no jaywalking!).
2) Bread. Bread. Bread. You know the difference between a sour dough and a Dinkelbrot. And you have been know to eat your body weight im pretzels.
3) No matter how long you’ve lived there you’ll not not be offended when somebody doesn’t queue.
4) The feeling of surprise, hurt and anger when you’re in England and the bus, train or tram doesnt run exactly to the minute on time.
5) You find yourself telling your English friends ‘actually sauerkraut isn’t all that bad’.
6) Even if you’ve been there for 10 years you’ll still get shivers down your spine at the thought of filling out tax rebates, applications and insurance polices. Formular, formular….
7) Although you may not have perfected the german language you will know how to eloquently call someone a ‘whore’s bike’ when they piss you off.
8) After nearly being run over by an old lady on bike, you know its better to risk your life by walking on the road rather than walking in the bicycle lane.
9) Half a jar of nutella does constitute as breakfast (but when didnt it really?!).
10) You’ll find yourself throwing in ‘ja’s or ‘na ja’s when you’re even speaking in English.
11) When it comes to visiting old people, you know there is no such thing as too many cups of coffee (much like the English and tea).
12) No matter how good the education, transport or banking industry is there will still always be a huge gap in market for cheddar cheese.