In a few short weeks it will happen, I will finally enter the realm of being 20. And it sounds rubbish, but I don’t want to be a pessimist so here are 20 life lessons, I’ve learnt before the big 2 0….
- It is tacky to bring lambrini to a party..
- Its not tacky to bring a box of wine/1 litre bottle of wine.
- As soon as you start to grow up, people will just round up your age (e.g I’ve been ’20’ for the last 3 months now). People just do not care to remember birthdays.
- You only need a watch if you’re phones broken and you need to know the time.
- Bath stuff is an ‘easy way out’ present.
- You’ll never learn that Tequila is a bad idea. Until its too late.
- It’s not worth trying to make friends with someone who never seems to find the time for you.
- You will always forget to defrost the chicken in fridge until just before you needed it.
- The only way to get rid of a hangover is sleep and being naive and pretending you don’t get them.
- You can promise every year to go christmas present shopping early (june) but you will still be buying presents on the 23rd of December.
- You’ll realise the days of having a bed time were pure luxury (oh solid eight hours I miss you).
- But also just because you might be an adult, it doesn’t mean you have to avoid naps or put human clothes on on a sunday.
- When you say ‘I’ll got to the gym in an hour’ that hour will never come. Ever.
- There is no not awkward way to leave a conversation with someone you don’t really know.
- Christmas pajamas can make a comeback in spring, summer and autumn. Its called being
- When in doubt over somebody’s name, don’t risk it and call them by the name you think it is. It’s just not worth it.
- It’s just natural to look at your bank statement with fear.
- The older you get the morw you complain about the weather and buses.
- If you ever move to a different country never forget the beauty of being able to buy affordale cheddar.
- As much as you try and go for a ‘nice’ breakfast of muesli, Nutella will always win. Always.
P.s blogs of the week will be up for tomorrow!