I really have to work on much catchier titles if I want search engines to be my friend… A few weeks ago as part of a blogger challenge I wrote about all the wonderful things that Autumn, or ‘Fall’ if you’re from across the pond. Hooooowever in retrospect as lovely as Autumn is, it really does have a few little surprises up it’s sleeve…
1) The Halloween weight gain- Just because you’re no longer at an age where its acceptable to go trick or treating, it doesn’t mean you can’t eat your body weight in fun size snickers.
2) Going outside wearing a jacket which was perfectly adequate a mere few weeks ago, but now you feel like you’re an Artic trekker.
3) Leaf sludge- you know that horrible rainy leaf sludge, that you accidentally step in and ruin new shoes.
4) Learning from mistake number 2 and heading outside on a morning wearing a sleeping bag, but by the time you’re on the bus, you have serious moustache sweat. Serious.
5) Never quite managing to pull of that whole cool lumberjack shirt look.
6) Warm alcoholic beverages might seem like a good idea, but a mulled cider (95% rum) hangover will stay with you still christmas.
7) Standing underneath a conker tree and getting smashed on the head by one of the little buggars.
8) The impending doom of christmas (and christmas shopping) starts, there are festive decorations in the shops and you can even buy Stollen for gods sake!
9) Even though you might be able to pre fatten yourself for christmas with christmas food, theres absolutely no good christmas telly on yet.
10) Every morning its darker and darker and even though you had to do that weird clock changing thing it really has not helped with managing to get out of a onesie at 7 int’ morning.
11) PUMKIN SPICE LATTES. STOP.
12) Cold, dark evenings make even going to the pub a difficult experience. Sigh.