A lot of people ask me ‘HOWTHE BLOODY HELL DO YOU MANAGE TO DO ALL THEM POSTS’ usually it’s from angry people on my Facebook stream who just want some peace and quiet from my endless blog shares but sometimes its actual people that read my blog.
And the main thing I can say is….I don’t really get out that much.
No not really, well yes really…but that’s not the point it’s all about a strategic set of skills I’ve acquired over the last few months as a blogger and here I am about to share them with you (don’t get annoyed with me if you think they’re poo)…
1) This wonderful thing called ‘schedule blogging’ it’s literally the bees knees, you write it on Sunday (in between watching OITNB) and you set it up for Monday morning. It’s hardly revolutionary, I’m sure lots of you know about it already but to me it’s just wunderbar!
2) Forget about the stats. At the beginning I was a obsessed just sitting there hitting refreshed, wondering how people in Bangladesh/Singapore/Japan had found my blog, it was seriously critical. But don’t do it, you’ll only hurt yourself. You’ll get all these pangs of wondering why people don’t like you, just check it once a day and forget about it.
Okay thrice a day…
3) Don’t tell people what (NOT) to do in a really bossy way, sometimes I will think of a really good post idea and I just scrap it because I think ‘who the bloody hell wants to be told what to do?!’It’s not nice in real life and it’s not nice on blog life.
4) Remember that your readers are real people, they might have funny usernames and be obsessed with Jaffa cakes(nope, just me?) but there is an actual real person at the other side, so be friendly, reply to comments and never get on the blog high horse.
5) As much as you might want your friends to dig blogging as much as you do, the chances are they won’t, so don’t hassle them to share blog posts. Let your work speak for itself. This mantra works with any kind of advertising,you shouldn’t have to tell people that your works good!
6) Remember you do this for you, it might be slightly affiliated with your buisness but at the end of the day don’t get caught up in a ‘blogging dream’ which ends up with you being a multi millionaire the next morning, because that will lead to heartache.
7) Don’t do anything for free, it takes time and effort to craft a blog post, don’t give that away, you know how much it’s worth to you!
8) Remember that you do actually have a human life too and it is okay to go out sometimes, in fact it’s quite healthy…
9) Write shit that makes people either think or laugh. Or both. Oh and post regularly!
Got any words of wisdom of your own?
Let me know,