Whether it’s for a blog or a magazine or a book, a writer is easy distinguishable by a few tell tale signs…
1. You will write down things your friends say or things you see in the street for possible writing material.
2. You save every meme or funny picture that you find on Facebook, in case you need a picture for a post. Which means you have more funny pictures of cats than your actual family.
3. You always insist that the thousands of notebooks you buy are deeply important for your writing career.
4. You feel wonderfully cool and fabulous when people ask you what you do. ‘Oh yaa, I’m a writer’.
5. People don’t really need to know what your job that pays the bills is.
6. You’re friends have stopped telling you embarrassing stories about themselves in case you use it as material.
7. You are well aware of the power of social media, when it comes to writing. Which means you can be annoying on ALL the social media platforms by hassling people to read your stuff.
8. You probably care more about getting a post out, or an article or whatever than actually cleaning or feeding yourself at the time.
9. You spend time worrying about being away from your computer or God forbid that you lose WiFi or signal. What a catastrophe!
10. You know the heart breaking pain of nurturing a post into perfection only for your technological device to suddenly crash…before you had time to save it. Why do bad things happen to good people?!?
You should read this post now, ok??