Okay I used to feel very differently about warm weather, when I lived in England, where sunny days are scarce, I loved the sunshine! But now I live somewhere with actually warm summers, I feel like following the English tradition and having a right good moan about the weather.
1. Trying to wear any kind of shirt is just stupid because you’ll be a sweaty mess as soon as you leave the house.
2. Sweat patches. Need I say more?
3. Trying to eat hot food is like filling your body with hot lava.
4. You’ll say ‘it’s too bloody hot’ much to the dismay of everybody, everywhere.
5. To really show how warm you are you have been known to lie on the floor or stick your face in the fridge just to feel some relief.
6. The heat makes everyday things seem TERRIBLE. Getting on the bus, normally bad but eatable on sunny days? TERRIBLE!
7. The sun shines into your room making you feel bad for staying inside your cave.
8. You are literally shit out of luck if you forget to bring sunglasses because you will not be able to see anything without squinting.
9. You always get these weird kind of headaches even though you’ve drank all the water in the world.
10. Your skin always has this sticky feel to it.
11. FLIES! FLIES EVERYWHERE!
12. You always underestimate the power of the sun and forget that important factor 30 just for Mother Nature to come and kick your butt with some rather attractive sun burn.
Are you a bit of a grinch when it comes to sunshine? Let me know.