I’ve literally been wearing glasses as thick as bottle tops for the last 17 years,
- Making the social faux par of stealing someone else’s glasses and then asking ‘ooh I bet I look really weird?!’ Thanks.
- ‘You need to eat more carrots, don’t you?!
- ‘Everything’s reaaaaly blurry, wait is this how you see without glasses’
- ‘Eyyup speccy4eyes’
- Don’t ask if they’re just for fashion, even if they are, it’s a fashion secret best left unsaid.
- ‘WOW are you really that blind?!’
- ‘You did look like a young Deirdre Barlow as a child’
- ‘I bet you have to take the, off when you got on rollercoasters’ (yes.)
- Ask people to take their glasses off, when they do stand their ask ‘how many fingers am I holding up?!’
- Please don’t grab other peoples glasses and THEN ask if you can try them on (even though it’s no in both cases).
- ‘Have you got a little chain for your glasses? My grandma has one of those’
- Don’t take someone’s glasses off of them and then hold them above your head so they can’t have them back, that’s just mean.
- ‘Ooh you look so much better with contact lenses’.
- ‘I bet you’re really good at maths’ or ‘do you want to be a librarian when you’re older?’
- ‘Do you have to get specially made goggles when you go swimming??’ (I don’t even know if they exist…).
- ‘Do you think Hipsters have helped people with glasses look less nerdy??’
- ‘So can you see really well because you wear glasses?!’ No I can see just as well as an average human being.