Sorry about the unintentional rhyming. Okay I’m not sorry.
- Dinner was always ready and sometimes it even included smiley potato faces.
- It was perfectly acceptable to wear pink leg warmers to non uniform days.
- Christmas meant PRESENTS and usually about 4 or 5 really creep Bratz dolls.
- Never having to text anyone to organise things. You knew the drill, be there or be square.
- Getting married in the playground at school.
- When they rolled out the big TV in class, you knew it was gunna be the best afternoon in your life.
- Homework was mainly just glueing or sticking, or colouring in.
- Being able to sit on the bench in assembly meant you were basically the queen and everyone else were your humble peasants.
- Still being able to fit your hips in the swings at the park.
- A birthday party without twister was not a thing.
- Being able to give your mum a random drawing you made at after school club for her birthday.
- Going to sleepovers and getting a sugar high after drinking fizzy vimto.
- Telling a boy you liked by telling your friend who told her friend who told his friend.
- If your shoes didn’t light up, you were nothing.
- Caterpillar cakes.
- The egg decorating competition was the fiercest event of the year.
- Talking about what you were going to wear to non uniform day about 3 weeks before.