It doesnt matter if its in person or by telephone still so AWKWARD
- It’s basically talking about yourself for half an hour and in that time realising you are a fantasticly average person.
- You have to dress all fancy (that means NO leggings).
- The answer ‘I just really need money in order to survive’ is not a valid response.
- You have to pretend that time you were school lunch monitor in year 5 was the most valuable leadership training you ever had.
- The reality: it probably was the best leadership training you ever had.
- You realise how much high school did NOT prepare you for this situation.
- The stress of pretending to be a dazzling and charming person raises your blood pressure…a lot.
- Being terrible at handshakes.
- Words suddenly don’t seem to form sentences in your head and you’re sweating…definately sweating.
- There’s other people waiting there and you know only one person can get it, it’s like the hunger games but without all the violence.
- You have your nice shoes on but you’re feet have grown, now it’s just ow ow ow with every step.
- You try and make jokes. Don’t try and make jokes. Oh god this just got really awkward.
- If only you could use your mum as a reference.
- Is this what being a grown up feels like?